1. state your name: Mikenna 2. state the name that your parents almost named you: Sage Ashley 3. which of your relatives do you get along with the most? my mom, very closely followed by my dad and oldest brother. 4. what was your first job? File clerk at a landscaping company 5. did anything embarrassing happen this week? well I just got back from crying in the middle of the hallway at school. So that was a fun time. 6. do you miss your ex? This is a difficult question. I don’t really have an ex. But someone who I regarded heavily in that manner is someone I miss dearly. We’re still good friends, so it’s normal. 7. white chocolate or dark chocolate? White chocolate 8. do people praise you for your looks? As of recently, yes 9. what is your favorite color of clothing to wear? Green 10. how do you wear your makeup? I try to go for natural skin and more colors for my eyeshadow. Even then, I don’t go too overboard, but I dig eye liner more than I should 11. what are some of your nicknames? Miki, Kenna 12. how many bedrooms are in your house? 1 13. how many bathrooms? 1 15. do you have a car? yea 16. do you work out every week? I do! 17. did you brush your teeth this morning? I did, absolutely 18. have you ever kissed someone you never saw again? Nope 19. have you ever sung in front of a crowd? yes 20. what kind of bathing suit do you wear? Tankini’s if I must wear one 21. do you like your eyes? eeeeh we have a love hate relationship 22. do you think you are pretty? Yes, it took me a long time to think that. And even though there are aspects about me I’m not big on, I overall do think I am pretty. 23. who was the last person you talked to in person? My lab instructor Steve 24. how much money in your bank account? a whole 28 cents 25. are you single? yup 26. do you want kids? yees 27. tell me what your backpack looks like: It’s a cool ass Captain America backpack 28. what celebrity do you think is hot? you don’t have the time to read through that list 29. last movie you saw in theaters: A Million Way To Die In The West I think? 30. are you dating the same person you dated last year? yes aka no one 31. has someone you were dating ever cheated on you? no 32. have you ever cheated? NEVER 33: have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? nope 34: what do you like to do in your spare time? Read, play games. A whole bunch of stuff 35: what’s the cutest thing someone’s ever done for you? The cutest thing? That’s difficult. A certain someone does cute things for me all the time. 36: who was the last person you texted? my mom
37: how do you look right now? Well given the fact I was balling my eyes out just now, I’d say pretty good for what happened.
38: who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”? My friends. The lot of you.
Inuyasha: Give yourself a compliment. You deserve it. Kagome: Talk about a moment that changed your life. Shippou: What’s one of your favorite snack foods? Miroku: Would you like to have kids some day? If so, how many? Sango: Talk about one of…
I think tumblr has left a lot of us emotionally stunted. This is a great community for empowerment, catharsis, or coping, but those things aren’t recovery in and of themselves. Comparatively, they’re easy when compared to the painful self-reflection and real-world scenarios you’ll have to encounter on the road to true recovery. Not only does Tumblr not focus enough on recovery, but there’s almost a disdain here for the very notion.
There’s a lot of time spent validating everything. “Your symptoms are valid! Your responses are valid! Your depression is valid! Your coping is valid!” Well, yeah, all that stuff is definitely valid, and understanding that is important step in recovery, but it’s certainly not the final step. All that stuff is valid in the same way a baby chewing on a teething ring is valid, and there’s nothing to be embarrassed about if your recovery is still in its infancy, but Tumblr almost encourages you to stay there, to never grow out of it.
There’s a difference between what’s valid and what’s healthy, what’s best for you. I recently saw a post that validated people who stay in their room all day. Is that a valid response to anxiety? Sure. Is it a healthy response? Hell no, and there isn’t a person on Earth who can convincingly make the argument that the best thing you can do for your anxiety is to never leave your room.
Or how about those “how to care for a _________” posts? They’ve got some great tips there, and a lot of what they say is true, but you cannot reasonably expect people to coddle your issues, insecurities, or self-perceived inadequacies. Your recovery has to come from you. It has to be a difficult decision you make with yourself and carry through with because you need it. Your recovery can’t come from hoping other people will validate you.
No one should be ashamed of where they are in their recovery process, but there’s also no reason why you should be in the same place with your issues as you were in 2010.
Your final goal is not validation. It isn’t empowerment. It isn’t finding a way to get through the day. It isn’t being comfortable with your problems, nor is it accepting that they’ll never go away. The final goal is health. The final goal is happiness. The final goal is contentment. The final goal is recovery.
Anubis, Osiris, Morrigan, Olwen, Hekate, Vesta (It's a freakin' death party up in here)
-Anubis: How do you feel about death?
I have an interesting view on it. For a very long time it was the light at the end of the tunnel. It was the only option. I had a very unhealthy relationship with the idea but I’m happy to say that has changed for the better. Death is just something that happens, it’s sad and should be mourned/celebrated depending on how that person wanted to be looked back on. However, it is something that never scared me.
-Osiris: Do you believe in the underworld?
This is a complicated question. I cannot prove that there is or isn’t. I like the idea of it existing, but that’s just my imagination running wild. Sorry, I don’t have a solid answer! I’m open minded to either option!
-Olwen: What’s your favorite flower?
Amaryllis are beautiful. I cannot even explain it. Lilies and roses are in my top favorites, but nothing symbolizes grace and recovery quite like the amaryllis does for me personally. Regardless of it’s true meaning.
-Hekate: Have you ever tried to communicate with the dead?
Ah yes. My home growing up was haunted and I attempted to communicate with the supposed spirit that was wreaking havoc on me and it was an interesting experience.
-Vesta: Do you like being home or do you try to get out whenever you can?
I’m a true busy body. I like going places and having adventures. But there are plenty of times where sitting at home with a hot cup of tea and a movie sounds just as lovely as going to Disney World with my friends.
I live alone now. All my stuff is now out of my old, 3 bedroom apartment. And it’s here. In my one bedroom apartment at a different complex. Like, I’m actually living by myself now. This is weird. I’m just getting so much more adultier and I don’t know how to feel about it
“I look at you, and I’m home. There is no one else in this world that I feel both comfortable and nervous around, but still feel good about myself. Everyone is either one or the other, and I don’t let people see me the way you do.”—I probably love you too much (c.b)
My friend Miki? She's from Colorado and is studying Film too and she's one of the sweetest and greatest people I know. She's always got my back and she's so passionate and kind, and I'm so happy I've met her. We met online yearssss ago, and we're still pretty tight! She's the best :)
Oh my god. You have no idea how much I needed this <3
Dude. You delivered. This is going to take a while.
3. 3 Fears
Oh boy. I have a lot. Worms scare me. Another is losing my guys, they mean a lot to me. I’ve got my main boys and most times that’s all I feel I need. The last one is very personal and I’d rather not share on tumblr.
7. 4 Turn On’s
So here’s what I’ll do. I’ll do 2 physical and 2 non physical. I’ve got a thing for beards and tall guys (6’ or taller). Oh boy that’s nice. I think it’s the most adorable thing in the world when a guy knows so much about one thing and just talks about it so passionately. I also love learning so if a guy is willing to sit down and teach me then you’re one step closer to winning my heart.
8. 4 Turn Off’s
Boys who don’t smell nice. Boys who are super arrogant. Boys who are cocky. Boys who treat me as something less than what I am.
11. The reason I joined Tumblr
Well it was way back in the day. There was this roleplay on Youtube called “They’re All Real” and a good majority of my favorite characters got a Tumblr so I joined to follow them and read fanfiction and what not.
12. How I feel right now
This is a complicated question. Well I’m sick for starters. I’m stressed because I’ve still got a lot of packing to do and tests and I’m supposed to be directing a short this month and I’ve got to figure out how to shoot this weekend that I’ll be unpacking and UGH. I’m a big ball of stress and worry. At the same time I’ve got a special person who somehow always seems to calm me down so I guess everything is ok.
19. 3 things that upset me
Not being able to help my closest friends back home, not having enough money, and as fucking lame and stupid as it is, not being able to be around him all the damn time.
20. 3 things that make me happy
AAAAAH. So many things make me happy. My guys, my guys make me so unbelievably happy. So here’s a shoutout to Tristan, Kyle and Alan who bring a smile to my face everyday. Harry Potter makes me happy. Nicki Minaj makes me happy too. <3
25. My favorite holiday
As cliche as it is, Christmas really is my favorite holiday. I just have so many family traditions that surround it and it brings a great joy to my heart.
26. My closest Tumblr friend
Aaah I really can’t think of anyone on here that I’ve really befriended! Sorry!
27. Someone from Tumblr I’d date
TheWinterStag is my tumblr crush. She’s freaking beautiful.
28. A confession
This is super lame and personal but I gotta get it out. Because I deal with body dysmorphia, I often times compare myself to potential dates. More often than not, I feel like I am not thin enough for a vast majority of guys and I absolutely hate that. And I’m super nervous to visit my friend because I’m beyond terrified he will look at me and think I’m just waaaaay too big :/
30. My favorite animal(s)
Dolphins, wombats and polar bears are my shit guys. Wow they’re awesome.
32. One thing I’ve lied about
The biggest lie in the book “I’m fine”
33. Something that’s currently worrying me
My biggest worry is so stupid, and I’d rather not share it ok?
34. An embarrassing moment
OK. So. I embarrass myself daily because I talk to people who don’t seem to want to talk to me and aaaaah then I get embarrassed and it’s silly.
36. Something that’s constantly on my mind
Shouldn’t it be obvious at this point? The asshole who messages me every morning. Except he’s not an asshole and I really should be over him but I’m not and it’s stupid and he’s just always there and I can’t get him out because he makes me so happy and so sad but I can’t stop talking to him because then I’d be even more sad but aaaaaaaah. He never leaves. Please help.
41. My favorite food
Orange chicken. Everyone else can go home.
44. My idea of a perfect date
Getting a bit snazzed up, not too formal but not casual. Going to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant and afterwards going to a park or something and potentially going on one of those paddle boat things and just talking and laughing and holding hands and aaaaaah. There you are again. Please leave.
Top 5 favourite characters: Other characters you like: Least favourite character: Otps: Notps: Favourite friendship: Favourite family: Favourite episode: Favourite season/book/movie: Favourite quote: Moment that made you fangirl/boy the…